The LSV-6000 Laser Surface Velocimeter has been specifically designed to perform under the most strenuous demands of mill environments, whilst providing highly accurate, non-contact speed and length measurements.
By incorporating advanced laser technology, the LSV-6000 eliminates common problems that plague traditional contact-wheel measurement methods such as slippage, chatter, changing wheel diameter and frequent maintenance.
- Flexible configuration meets the requirements of demanding mill conditions
- Fast, simple integration into mill monitoring and process-control systems
- Automatic Surface Adaptation (ASA) feature compensates for changing surface conditions providing a high-quality signal on virtually any surface
- Fast Burst Detector (FBD) locks on to and follows true velocity, even during periods of high acceleration
- Measure safely with stand-off distances up to 2.5 m (8.2 ft), and depths-of-field up to 200 mm
- Accurate velocity measurements indicate forward, backward and standstill conditions
- Fast signal processing outputs of 1024 measurements/second for tight process control loops needing measurement accuracy and short cycle times
- Many interface options including Ethernet, RS-232/-422, quadrature encoder and current loop
- High-performance set-up and diagnostic software to configure, program and process measurements
- User-friendly, two-line display shows velocity, length and status information on site; optional large display